A Halloween Recap

Monday, November 1, 2010
I am telling you, this past month was crazy. Seriously, crazy. Between keeping up with orders and craft shows, Finley busting up his mouth and getting stitches, school, Halloween hoopla, and our regular toddler madness, I am beat!! In the midst of the chaos, we had an amazing Halloween with the family complete with an eyeball toss, donkey pinata, and ghostie treasure hunt.

As most of you know, Finley insisted on being a purple Mini Cooper.


He's been waiting weeks for the chance to wear this costume and "drive" down the street. But when the time came, he decided he'd rather tow it than wear it. 


Oliver was going to be a ghost and we made a cool little costume out of cheese cloth (thanks to one of my commenters for the suggestion!). Sadly, we couldn't keep the eye holes lined up with his actual eyes and had to ditch the ghost at the last minute. Fortunately, we had Finley's old puppy dog costume on hand and Oliver makes a ridiculously cute puppy.


The day was so perfect that my little guys actually got along and sat for some cutie brotherly pictures. (A major rarity.)



I love Halloween but I'm glad it's over. I'm looking forward to moving on and preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

11 comments:

Kellye said...

AMEN! I've never been so glad to say adios to October! Fun while it lasted but ready for what's next!!!

LOVE those boys and how adorable is the pic of them together!!!!

elise said...

they are so cute- and cracking me up that he wanted to pull it instead of wear it!! funny boy:O)

sara said...

That first picture of the boys together seiously made me teary-eyed. They are so gorgeous Grace!

Grace said...

No doubt, Kelly! You've had a crazy month yourself and some exciting things to look forward to. So excited for you!

Thanks Elise and Sara. Sara, the pictures of them together made me teary eyed too. They love each other so much (most of the time ;).

Grace said...

Dude, Kellye - I can't believe I misspelled your name. I've never done that before - sorry... :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously your family sounds like so much fun...I mean c'mon an "eyeball toss"!!! Sweet! I am glad for October to be over too...but I sort of cringed when you said Thanksgiving and Christmas in the same sentence. As, much as I love them both they always steamroll me with how fast they get here! Here's to the holidays!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and of course you know I love those boys!!! so so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oliver is too cute for words Grace!

Finley looks awesome pulling his car all dressed in black- he looks like a stage hand!

Laura said...

They are so adorable! I love that Finley wanted to tow his mini cooper! :)

Jessi said...

They are so adorable! I seriously love their unique names too! Adorable!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I can't wait to hear all that is going on once the dust settles...

Post a Comment