Cheering 'em on with treats!

Friday, June 25, 2010
As you might have heard, USA beat Algeria in a nail biter of soccer game this week. I'm pretty sure it's because I made these festive cake pops to help cheer them on to victory. Since they will be playing Ghana in the round of 16 on Saturday, the boys and I made these little goodies to help cheer them on again. (As I've mentioned before, I'm not a baker so it is a rare thing indeed that I've posted about baked goods twice in one week - don't get used to it).


The stars were made out of melted jolly rancher candies. They were a bit of a pain and I'm not sure I'd try it again but the few that didn't crack sure look pretty.

GO USA and whoever else you all might be cheering on this weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck yes! Who wouldn't feel more supported with a cupcake!

sara said...

Wow. I'm so impressed with all your bake-y goodness this week. Impressed and hungry for cupcakes.

Ally said...

I love those stars more than you know! I love them better than the idea of cupcakes. They're so cool. I love the way the melted Jolly Rancher looks almost like glass. How did you not crack ALL of them? I totally would have, ha ha! Perfection!

Ninali said...

Phillip is jealous...baked goodies twice in 1 week. He keeps telling me how lucky your DH is ;) GO USA!

Truthful Mommy said...

I'm your newest follower from the Friday Follow.Please stop by and return the favor. Happy Mothering!
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I love those. How did you do them? Are they really not worth it?

Fun to meet you today at the photoshoot!

Post a Comment