This was the week we've been waiting for! Our little chicks should have arrived in the mail today. But they didn't.
The folks over at My Pet Chicken called to let me know that the four breeds we chose didn't all hatch on the same day as they had hoped. (You can read about the breeds we chose and why we chose them here). If we want to wait on the four breeds we picked out, they won't ship until May 2nd. And even that is iffy. We need them much sooner than that so we can have them out of their brooder and into the coop before the scorching summer heat sets in.
I'm going to call the helpful people at My Pet Chicken tomorrow to see if we can switch our order around a bit so we can get our newest girls in the next couple of weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed because I am so ready for my chick fix!