ER: Round 2 {and other stuff}

Monday, April 16, 2012
Just five days after Oliver's ER visit, we ended up having to bring Finley in. He whacked his head on the twirly thing at the park after soccer practice on Friday night. At dinner he told Jason his head felt really funny and then proceeded to throw up in the car on the way home. We took him to Urgent Care and they advised us to go to the hospital for a CT scan. Great.


The ER waiting room was filled with some really "interesting" folks that night. Like the man who had a huge gash on the side of his head. He was just sitting there casually chatting to the people across from him with no regard to the fact that there was blood dripping all over his face and clothes. Then there was the guy who came in completely hammered. He'd had a few several too many, gotten into a fight, and swore he broke his hand. He was moaning and yelling in the waiting room like he was about to give birth to triplets. The fabulous nurse came out to check his hand and said just loud enough for everyone to hear, "I'm pretty sure it's not broken." Awesome.

It turns out the Finley's noggin is just fine. It was a pretty quick ER visit and we made it home in time to get a little rest before Oliver's last soccer game of the season.


A few bits of random:

I have received several questions about our raised beds lately so I'm working on a post that goes a little more in depth about our gardens and how we built them. If you have a question you'd like me to include, let me know.

I've also received a bunch of inquiries as to Oliver's Darth Vader freezer paper stencil shirt. I'll have a freezer paper tutorial later this week including a link to the coolest Star Wars stencils ever.

We managed to squeeze in a trip to see Round Trip: Art From the Boneyard Project at the Pima Air and Space Museum. Wow. So incredibly cool. I'll be sharing about that this week too.

7 comments:

Simple Simon and Company said...

Poor guy. The ER is never a good place to be but especially with your little boy.

Grace said...

No fun at all. This is our 4th ER visit in the last couple of years so I'm pretty sure we've got many more in our future. ;)

Rachel Leos said...

Grace, I have a question about your raised beds. Which flowers did you plant for your cutting garden? How often do you cut? I have a little extra room this year in our raised beds, but am not sure which flowers would be good. I might be able to get them in for late summer/fall blooms or for next year. Also, do you have any chicken books your recommend, my hubby decided we could get chickens so we are in the initial phase of researching and designing a coop.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you guys have insurance!!!!!! So really, I guess I'm thankful for that whole penny thing. ;)

When William was 4, we were in the ER for the 3rd or 4th time with his breathing issues. They wheeled a person on a gurney past our room and William looked at me and said, "Is this where people come to die?" Agghhhh. I so feel your pain!

Grace said...

You and me both, Erica!! That penny is still costing us two years later!

Is William's asthma any better now that he's a bit older?

Grace said...

@rachel, we didn't do the best job in choosing our flowers the first time around but I'll be sure to include what we do have and how often we cut.

As for chicken books, I highly recommend Free Range Chicken Gardens and Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens. They are excellent! Let me know whenever you have chicken questions. I'm so excited that you guys are exploring the idea!

Rachel Leos said...

Grace. Thanks so much! I can't wait to see what you put in. I planted some Dahlia seeds and a random assortment of flowers this weekend so we'll see how they do. I got Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens last week from Amazon but haven't started it yet (I have been reading canning books checked out from the library hoping to can for the first time this year!) and I will check out Free Range Chicken Gardens too! Thanks for the recommendations!

Post a Comment